I’m still fighting the winter blahs and have been creatively uninspired in my sewing room lately, so I decided to do something I’ve been wanting for myself for a while.
Several weeks ago, I moved my sewing room from the front of my family room, to the back. It’s a slightly smaller space, so I did a lot of de-cluttering and organizing and am extremely happy with the outcome. I also now have a nice sitting area in front of our lovely fireplace again in the front part of the room.
I’ve been wanting to make dust covers for my embroidery and sewing machines to help finish off the reorganizing. The fabric I wound up using was a hand-me-down from my friend, Anne, and worked out yardage-wise for some quick dust covers. Fitting a cover to the embroidery arm on the embroidery machine was a challenge, and I’m satisfied with the result.
I still don’t know what to do next, but I do feel like I got something done. Hopefully, with Spring just around the corner, I’ll start feeling creative again.