Once upon a time, this was a men’s long sleeved Faded Glory shirt in size XL that I bought for $2 at a thrift store. I’m fascinated by aprons, even though as far as I know, only one or two people I personally know actually uses one. I don’t even use one.
I added about a yard of red gingham fabric for the bias trim and ruffle. I reused the sleeves to make the ties and the cuffs became a mock waist. This project taught me lots of things. First and foremost, I hate binding. HATE it. I don’t want to hand sew one side, and I’m not good at catching both sides neatly with the sewing machine. I keep thinking practice will make it better, but honestly, if there is a way I can avoid this in the future, I will. Applying binding to this has made me question the entire project because it’s not perfect to me.
I am satisfied with the end product though, considering I winged this project. I didn’t have a pattern or a step-by-step blog to follow. There are lots of blogs and pins you can find on Pinterest, but I relied a lot on just watching a bunch of YouTube videos to get me started.
I have got to start selling some of the stuff I make.
[…] followup to my post yesterday, I made this apron today. I added embroidery to one pocket. The material is so thin, I […]